Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Boo to you



I made it in the top five at Coconut Scrapbooking's Fall Frenzy and here is my final entry. We had to make a shaped card with...(1) Paint Technique I used a combing technique on the pumpkin, first I painted it dark oragne, after it dried I mixed the same orange paint with white to make it a lighter shade and painted over it, while the paint was still wet I drug a comb through it to expose some of the first layer of paint...so it looks like a real pumpkin!
(2) Buttons-I used them for eyes
(3) Felt-I used for a nose
(4) Rub-On- the word boo is a rubon and the little spray of dots on the tag is also a rubon from American crafts
(5) Ribbon-offray around his neck
(6) Sticker-the ghost is Studio Basic 101and the small Jack-O-Lantern is Jolee's
(7) Chipboard-I used a circle and oval to make my pumpkin.
Thanks for the fun challenge.

I think he turned out cute!

7 comments:

Mer said...

What a great card! Good luck in the final round. :)

Christine Delgadillo said...

Great card Joy! You're very inspiring!!!

Anonymous said...

this is SO clever!!!
Love it!

Andrea Amu said...

This is so sweet, Joy! Congrats!

Valerie said...

He's absolutely adorable!

Jeana said...

He's adorable!!! You always amaze me with your talent!

Stampin' Meg said...

Super cute kitty!